Kairi Panha (Raw Mango Drink)
A delicious summer drink.
Servings 7 Glasses
- 4 Raw Mangoes Medium sized
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder Optional
- Salt as per taste
Peel the raw mangoes and boil them in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles.
When the pressure releases, remove the raw mangoes and let them cool completely. After the mangoes have cooled, remove the seeds and separate the pulp. Transfer the pulp to a juicer/grinder. Add grated jaggery, sugar, salt and cardamom powder and grind it to a smooth paste.
To serve, take two table spoons of the raw mango paste in a glass and add chilled water and ice cubes. Stir well and serve. You can also add a pinch of roasted cumin to enhance the flavor.
- The drink can be made using only jaggery or only sugar too.
- Adjust the jaggery/sugar as per the sourness of the raw mango.
- Store the prepared raw mango paste in an air tight container in the refrigerator. This paste can be stored for 8-10 days.
- You can even add a pinch of red chilly powder to enhance the flavor while serving.