Wheat and Mango Sheera
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- Pulp of one mango I have used Alphonso mango. You can use any other variety.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar or Jaggery Adjust depending on the sweetness of the Mango
- 2 Tbsp Dry fruit powder You can use chopped dry fruits too
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder Optional. You can use Mango essence or vanilla essence depending on your taste.
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
- Place the mango in a bowl of water for 8-10 mins and then remove its pulp. You can even chop and then blend it. Note – Keeping the mango in water for some time is known to reduce the heat in the fruit.
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Add the Wheat flour to it and roast till you get an aroma.You may try using Indie Flour â€“ Organic Wheat Atta for this recipe.
- Add the Mango pulp.
- Cook for 3-4 mins till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook till the sugar dissolves and is absorbed completely.
- Now add the dry fruits powder, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute or two.
- I like to eat this Sheera hot.