Wheat and Mango Sheera
Summer season brings a lot of happiness just because it brings with it the King of Fruits – Mangoes! The sweetness and tanginess of this juicy fruit gives a reason to live through the scorching heat. For me, any dish, that has Mango as an ingredient, is a must eat. So, today when my daughter asked for Sheera for breakfast, I thought of adding mango to it. But making the breakfast healthy was important too. So, I tried to give this tropical fruit twist to her favourite Wheat Sheera.
Wheat is believed to be one of the most wholesome food items and ensures a nutritious diet. Sheera, as we all know, is made in ghee which is a nutritious power food. It helps boot immunity and is a herbal energizer. I have added sugar for sweetness here. You can replace it with jaggery.
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- Pulp of one mango (I have used Alphonso mango. You can use any other variety. )
- 1/2 Cup Sugar or Jaggery (Adjust depending on the sweetness of the Mango)
- 2 Tbsp Dry fruit powder (You can use chopped dry fruits too)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder (Optional. You can use Mango essence or vanilla essence depending on your taste. )
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
Place the mango in a bowl of water for 8-10 mins and then remove its pulp. You can even chop and then blend it.
Note – Keeping the mango in water for some time is known to reduce the heat in the fruit.
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Add the Wheat flour to it and roast till you get an aroma.
You may try using Indie Flour – Organic Wheat Atta for this recipe.
Add the Mango pulp.
Cook for 3-4 mins till the mixture becomes thick.
Add sugar and mix well. Cook till the sugar dissolves and is absorbed completely.
Now add the dry fruits powder, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
Cover and cook for a minute or two.
I like to eat this Sheera hot.
The article may contain external links for which the standard disclaimer of the website applies.