Wheat and Mango Sheera
Summer season brings a lot of happiness just because it brings with it the King of Fruits – Mangoes! The sweetness and tanginess of this juicy fruit gives a reason to live through the scorching heat. For me, any dish, that has Mango as an ingredient, is a must eat. So, today when my daughter asked for Sheera for breakfast, I thought of adding mango to it. But making the breakfast healthy was important too. So, I tried to give this tropical fruit twist to her favourite Wheat Sheera. Wheat is believed to be one of the most wholesome food items and ensures a nutritious diet. Sheera, as we all know, is made in ghee which is a nutritious power food. It helps boot immunity and is a herbal energizer. I have added sugar for sweetness here. You can replace it with jaggery.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 People
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 3/4 Cup Ghee
- Pulp of one mango I have used Alphonso mango. You can use any other variety.
- 1/2 Cup Sugar or Jaggery Adjust depending on the sweetness of the Mango
- 2 Tbsp Dry fruit powder You can use chopped dry fruits too
- 1 Tsp Cardamom powder Optional. You can use Mango essence or vanilla essence depending on your taste.
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
- Place the mango in a bowl of water for 8-10 mins and then remove its pulp. You can even chop and then blend it. Note – Keeping the mango in water for some time is known to reduce the heat in the fruit.
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Add the Wheat flour to it and roast till you get an aroma.
- Add the Mango pulp.
- Cook for 3-4 mins till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add sugar and mix well. Cook till the sugar dissolves and is absorbed completely.
- Now add the dry fruits powder, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute or two.
- I like to eat this Sheera hot.