I remember we used to get very nice tomatoes during winters and my mom used to make this really delicious soup for the much needed warmth. Tomato soup is one of the tastiest soups and adding potato gives it the perfect texture and thickness.
Tomato and Potato Soup
The tastiest and most refreshing soup.
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes (Wash thoroughly before use)
- 1 Medium sized Potato (Chopped)
- 1 Green Chilly (Slit vertically (Optional))
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Khada Garam Masala powder or Kala Masala
- Salt to taste
- Make 3-4 cuts on the sides of the tomatoes and add them along with the chopped Potatoes in a cooker. Add to this a slit green chilly, Salt and Sugar.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles and let it cool completely after pressure is released.
- Grind the boiled vegetables and strain the soup in a pan. Add the Khada Garam Masala powder or Kala Masala powder and bring the soup to a boil.
- Transfer to a cup and serve hot, garnished with some coriander/mint leaves.