Til means sesame and gud means jaggery. Til-gud ladoos are exchanged on the festival of sankranti and people greet each other with the words “Til gud ghya god god bola” meaning “forget the past ill-feelings and hostilities and resolve to speak sweetly and remain friends”. Sharing with you the recipe of this Ladoo.
- 250 Grams Til/Sesame seeds
- 1 Cup Grated jaggery
- 1 Cup Groundnut powder
- 2 Tbsp Ground dry fruits Any dry fruits of your choice - I used cashew and almond powder.
- 1 Tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Cup desiccated dry coconut Optional
- Roast the sesame seeds on medium heat till you hear a crackling sound.
- Grind the sesame seeds to a coarse powder and then add jaggery and grind again to a little fine powder. Remove this mixture in a plate and add groundnut powder, dry fruit powder and cardamom powder. Mix well and roll into Ladoos (round balls).
- Roll each ladoo in desiccated dry coconut and store in an air tight container.