The Holi after party is incomplete without the refreshing ‘Thandai’. This delicious drink is made using mainly melon seeds,dry fruits and Rose petals and is very easy to make. Sharing the recipe here.
A flavorful summer drink.
Servings 2 Glasses
- 10-12 Cardamom Seeds Remove the husk part and use seeds only.
- 2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 10-12 Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Muskmelon seeds
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Pinch Saffron
- 4 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Glasses Chilled Milk
- 2 Tbsp Gulkand You can use rose petals or rose water instead. Just remember to increase the Sugar quantity accordingly.
- 2 Drops Edible Pink color Optional
- Ice cubes
- Chopped dry fruits Optional
- Soak the almonds in a bowl. In a separate bowl, take cardamom seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, muskmelon seeds and poppy seeds and soak for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the almond skin and grind it along with all the other soaked ingredients into a fine paste. After grinding these ingredients, add Gulkand and sugar and grind further to make a fine paste.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this paste in a glass and add milk and color and mix well. Add ice cubes and top it with some dry fruits and Saffron. Thandai is ready!