With the scorching heat these days, hot drinks are a big no for me but I love tea as it is a great stress buster. So, I thought of ditching the usual ‘Chai’ yesterday evening and having a soothing cool Tangerine Cinnamon Iced Tea.
Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world after water. There are numerous ways in which Tea is prepared, the most common and favorite way, in India, being hot milk tea. Iced tea is equally beneficial and soothing too! It has many health benefits:
1. Keeps you hydrated
2. Cools the nerves
3. Is good for the heart
4. Helps in weight loss
5. Strengthens the immune system
Iced Tea is very easy to make and you can enhance the flavor using many ingredients. Here I have used Tangerine (Orange) slices and a stick of Cinnamon.
Tangerine Cinnamon Iced Tea
- 2 Glasses Water
- 2 Tbsp Black Tea You can use green tea or white tea too.
- 2 Tsp Sugar Optional. You may use honey instead.
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2-3 Tangerine (Orange) slices Chill in freezer before use.
- 2-3 Ice cubes
- Boil water in a pan. Add tea and let it steep for 5-7 minutes. You may increase the steep time if you want the tea to be strong. Add sugar and remove from flame. Strain the tea in a different pan and let it cool completely.
- Take the ice cubes in a glass. Add chilled Tangerine (Orange) slices and a Cinnamon stick. Pour the cooled Tea over this. Let the tea chill for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- You may use Tea Bags instead of tea powder.
- Honey can be substituted with sugar.
- This tea can be had unsweetened too.
- You can have the tea without adding any additional flavors too.