Superfood Coconut Water
Superfood Coconut water is a tasty and refreshing drink found in young green coconuts. It is rich in nutrients and helps keep the body hydrated.
It is a great thirst quencher. It quenches thirst in a healthy way. It tastes sweet and is very healthy for the skin. It helps to balance the moisture levels of the skin.
Coconut water is delicious, refreshing, moisturizing, and makes for a great drink. It has some strong advantages over other sources of sugar and calories.
Superfood Coconut water is quickly absorbed into your body and leaves you feeling refreshed and full.
Coconut is mainly grown in the coastal regions of India and is very famous here as the best, natural, cool drink.
Here are some health benefits of this sweet tropical fruit:
- Aids in weight loss: This tropical fruit contains lesser calories and so is healthier than other drinks that are used for weight management
- Helps in digestion: Coconut water is high in manganese and helps soothe the stomach and eases the process of digestion.
- Improves heart health: It can help maintain cholesterol levels and is thus good for the heart
- Helps reduce blood pressure: Coconut has high levels of potassium which help manage blood pressure.
Once you drink coconut water, you will notice that it gives you a nice feel, as if you had an energy boost. Many people notice that they have more energy than usual after they drink it. Drinking it also replenishes the vitamins and minerals you take in, so you get the most out of the vitamins and minerals you take each day.
It keeps you satisfied longer, allowing you to eat less and be more likely to continue watching your weight because it contains no calories.
Coconut water is prescribed even when you are sick and have been losing body fluid due to vomiting or diarrhoea. It helps balance electrolytes and hydration levels better than any other liquid.
While coconut water is now sold in packaged form, it is healthier if you drink water from a fresh coconut.
Superfood Coconut Water – Recipes
Superfood Coconut water tastes great on its own and can be added to mocktails too. It gives a great taste to beverages.
Here is one beverage I tried with Coconut water:
Coconut Kokum Cooler is a great mocktail that is quick and easy to make. It gives you the benefits of both Coconut and Kokum in one glass.
You may also follow the instructions for above recipe by replacing Kokum syrup with Orange juice or lemon juice and a dash of mint leaves. It tastes great.
Here are some other beverages you may like:
- Watermelon Tangerine (Orange) Cooler
- Lemon Iced Tea
- Tangerine and Cinnamon infused Iced Tea
- Kairi Panha
Coconut water is one versatile drink that can be mixed with any fruit juice to enhance it taste.
It can be a great option to serve at parties and sports events too.
Coconut water is very beneficial for the skin.
- It contains antioxidants that help your body cells to be healthy and keep you looking young
- The natural vitamins and minerals found in this tropical fruit help your skin to stay hydrated
- It has anti-microbial properties and thus can help in fighting acne
- Apart from drinking, application of coconut water to your face can add a beautiful glow
- It can be used a natural moisturiser too.
So, go ahead and have this healthy drink now!
Note: Coconut water has disadvantages too and cannot be consumed if you have health disorders like diabetes or kidney problems. Do talk to your healthcare provider for details.
All health content on flavorsfromindia.com is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor. If you have any concerns about your health, you should contact your local healthcare provider.