As they say ‘shuruvat meethe se’. I’m posting my first recipe here so thought of starting with a sweet dish.
We mostly have something sweet in lunch and so today I thought of making Rava Sheera. It is a sweet made with only four ingredients that are easily available in the house, requires no advance preparation and can be prepared in a very short time.
- 1 Cup Rava/Sooji/Semolina
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Milk
- 3/4th Cup Ghee or unsalted butter
- Chopped dry fruits of your choice I have used Cashew Nuts, Green Pistachio, Almonds and Raisins
- 1 Pinch Cardamom Powder
- Add ghee to a non stick pan and heat. The ghee should be hot enough before adding the main ingredients.
- Now add Rava/Sooji/Semolina and roast it till you get an aroma.
- After this add milk and mix. The mixture will become thick. Keep stirring and add sugar.
- Mix again and cover with a lid and let it get steamed for 2-3 minutes.
- Rava Sheera is ready. Add the Cardamom powder and dry fruits and serve hot.