Ratalyache Kaap is a Maharashtrian, fasting, sweet dish made from Sweet Potatoes.
Sweet potatoes are nutrition packed, delicious root vegetable. Like most of the root vegetables, sweet potatoes too are very healthy and filling. Loaded with fiber and potassium, Sweet Potatoes are beneficial for weight gain and promote healthy hair.
This sweet potato sweet dish is easy to make and very delicious.
A delicious fasting sweet dish.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Ghee or unsalted butter
- Chopped dry fruits of your choice
- Cut the sweet potato into rounds and keep them in cold water until the time of cooking.
- Heat ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot enough, add the drained sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Cook covered until the sweet potatoes are a little soft. Add sugar and mix well.
- Cook covered until the sweet potatoes are soft and the sugar has melted and caramalized. Remove in a bowl and let it cool. Add honey and chopped dry fruits just before serving.