Panchkhadya, like Khirapat, is anotherÂ Prasad â€“ an offering â€“ made especially during the Ganeshotsav festival. It is called so because five ingredients are used to make this Prasad.
- 1 Cup Grated dry coconut
- 1 Cup Dry dates (Kharik)
- 1 Cup Seedless Dates (Khajur)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar cubes You can use fine or powdered sugar too. Just double the quantity.
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Dry roast the grated coconut and set aside to cool.
- Dry roast the dry and wet dates and set aside to cool.
- When the dates cool down, grind them roughly and remove in a bowl.
- In the same pot, add the roasted coconut, poppy seeds and sugar cubes and make a fine powder. Add this powder to the dates and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Panchkhadya is ready.