Moong vade is a delicious and spicy snack made from yellow moong dal. Mostly eaten during monsoon, this is a crispy fried snack that tastes best with Pudina chutney.
A mouth-watering fried snack that is crisp on the outside and soft inside.
Servings 4 people
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Coriander
- 2 Tsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1 Tsp Coriander seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Soak the Moong Dal for 4-5 hours and then grind it along with all the above ingredients. Add half of the chopped coriander while grinding the dal and half later to the ground mixture. The mixture consistency should be such that you can make small soft balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and make small dumplings of the above mixture and fry till golden. Serve hot with your favorite chutney or sauce.