Got some really nice radish in the weekly market. The first recipe that came to my mind was Mooli Paratha! We both love it and so I thought it would be a perfect start to Saturday morning.
Radish is a pungent, juicy crop that is mostly eaten raw. Radish is rich in vitamins that help treat skin disorders. They are good for the liver and are effective cancer-fighting agents.
As I said earlier, Radish is mostly eaten raw but it tastes equally good when cooked. It can also be pickled.
I will share the different recipes that you can make with Radish. For today, let’s make tasty parathas.
A tasty and healthy Paratha.
- 2 Cups Multi-grain Flour (If you don't have multi-grain flour, you can mix wheat flour, besan,rice flour and jowar flour. Only wheat flour and besan also taste great.)
- 1 Grated Radish
- 1 Chopped green chilly
- Chopped Coriander
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 2 Tsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- Salt as per taste
- Take flour in a bowl and add all the spices.
- Add the grated radish, chopped green chilly and coriander.
- Add water and make a soft dough. Divide this into eight parts and make balls.
- Heat a pan/tava and roast the Paratha on both sides applying little oil.
- Mooli Paratha is ready. Serve hot with your favorite Chutney/Sauce/pickle.