Nowadays, making kids eat healthy is very difficult and moms need to keep thinking of different recipes to make sure that they get complete nutrition. Vegetable parathas and rice have become a routine for me too. Bored of the regular snacks and shakes, this time I thought of making something different for the evening mid-meal time.
I had some soaked chavli (black eyed peas) and boiled potatoes in the fridge and wanted to incorporate that in the snack. So, I thought of making some quick and healthy patties by adding some more veggies.
Mixed Vegetable Tikki
A healthy evening snack.
- 1 Cup Boiled Chavli (black eyed peas)
- 1 Cup Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Boiled green peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
- 1-2 Chopped green chillies (Add or reduce as per taste)
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder (Add or reduce as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- Oil or Ghee (To fry)
- Mix all the vegetables together and mash them.
- Add chopped coriander, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and make small, equal sized,balls (I made around 13 balls).
Flatten the vegetable balls to make tikkis (Patties). Heat oil/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the tikkis.
You may try using Pure cow ghee for this recipe.
Serve with your favorite sauce/dip.
You can even deep fry the tikkis.
The article may contain external links for which the standard disclaimer of the website applies.