Nowadays, making kids eat healthy is very difficult and moms need to keep thinking of different recipes to make sure that they get complete nutrition. Vegetable parathas and rice have become a routine for me too. Bored of the regular snacks and shakes, this time I thought of making something different for the evening mid-meal time.
I had some soaked chavli (black eyed peas) and boiled potatoes in the fridge and wanted to incorporate that in the snack. So, I thought of making some quick and healthy patties by adding some more veggies.
Mixed Vegetable Tikki
- 1 Cup Boiled Chavli (black eyed peas)
- 1 Cup Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Boiled green peas
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
- 1-2 Chopped green chillies Add or reduce as per taste
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder Add or reduce as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Oil or Ghee To fry
- Mix all the vegetables together and mash them.
- Add chopped coriander, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and make small, equal sized,balls (I made around 13 balls).
- Flatten the vegetable balls to make tikkis (Patties). Heat oil/ghee in a pan and shallow fry the tikkis. Serve with your favorite sauce/dip.