Mathri is a famous snack from North India. My mom used to make two varieties of this snack – namkeen mathri and meethi mathri. I remember we used to gobble on this tasty snack all day long.
I am sharing with you the recipe for namkeen mathri here. I have given it a twist and have tried to make it healthy by using multi-grain atta instead of maida.
Methi ki Mathri
- 1 Cup Multi-grain Flour You can use regular wheat flour or maida too.
- 2 Tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 Tbsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 1/2 Cup Oil This is for adding to the dough. If you use maida, use ghee instead of oil.
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying If you use maida, fry the mathri in Ghee/Unsalted butter
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and make a firm dough. Rest this dough for minimum 30 minutes.
- Take a small portion of the dough, roll it and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan and fry the mathri on medium heat until golden brown. Remove on a tissue paper to soak excess oil.