With the scorching heat these days, hot drinks are far from being desired. But what if you love tea? It is a great stress buster! So, how about having a soothing cool Lemon Iced Tea?
Tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world after water. There are numerous ways in which Tea is prepared, the most common and favorite way, in India, being hot milk tea. Iced tea is equally beneficial and soothing too! It has many health benefits:
1. Keeps you hydrated
2. Cools the nerves
3. Is good for the heart
4. Helps in weight loss
5. Strengthens the immune system
Iced Tea is very easy to make and you can enhance the flavor using many ingredients. Here I have added slices of Lemon thus making it healthier.
Lemon Iced Tea
- 2 Glasses Water
- 2 Tbsp Black Tea You can use green tea or white tea too.
- 2 Tsp Sugar Optional. You may use honey instead.
- 2 Lemon Slices
- 2-3 Ice cubes
- Boil water in a pan. Add tea and let it steep for 5-7 minutes. You may increase the steep time if you want the tea to be strong. Add sugar and remove from flame. Strain the tea in a different pan and let it cool completely.
- Take the ice cubes in a glass. Add lemon slices and pour the cooled Tea over this. Let the tea chill for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- You may use Tea Bags instead of tea powder.
- Honey can be substituted with sugar.
- This tea can be had unsweetened too.
- You can have the tea without adding any additional flavors too.