Lemon Ice Tea is a delightful drink made with the most easily available ingredients – tea and lemon slices.
The first thing most of us enjoy when we rise up is a cup of freshly brewed hot tea. The aroma of traditionally prepared concoction of tea and milk refreshes our body and soul.
While most of us desire the traditional tea in the morning, there are healthier options too viz., Green Tea, Black Tea, Lemon Tea, Chamomile Tea and many more.
Is Tea Good for Health?
Tea is an aromatic beverage prepared by brewing the dried leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant in hot water. It comes in many flavors – bitter, sweet and even grassy. It is one of the most consumed drink in the World.
Tea has been a part of the human life for centuries. Apart from refreshment, drinking tea has many health benefits too:
- Tea is rich in anti-oxidants: Anti-oxidants help your body stay young and refreshed.
- Keeps you hydrated: Having tea can give your body fluids in a flavourful way.
- Good for digestion: Having a cup of healthy herbal tea can help soothe the digestion process.
- Fights Allergies: A cup of freshly brewed ginger tea is one of the best drinks to soothe a sore throat.
The list can go on.
Types of Tea
While there are many types of tea, the most common are:
- Black Tea
- White Tea
- Green Tea
- Herbal Tea
Black tea is the most used variety in India. However, with the widespread of awareness, people have now started to move on to healthier options like Green tea and Herbal tea too.
The most trusted and favourite way of making tea World over is the traditional way – brewing tea leaves in water and then adding a dash of milk.
With people moving to healthier ways, the way of making tea and the choice of tea have also changed. Some like their tea strong and others prefer milder variety.
To make a strong cup, you need to brew the tea longer. For a mild cup of tea you may brew for a shorter time or simply pour hot water over a tea bag and let the tea steep for a few minutes.
Ice tea is a form of tea that is served chilled, usually in a glass.
While having your tea hot is the most refreshing way, you can also try to have it chilled. A glass of cool iced tea tastes equally great and can provide you with same benefits! Just add a zesty flavor and mild sweetener and you are good to go.
Lemon Ice Tea
Lemon is actually one of nature’s best natural substances. If you’re looking for a naturally refreshing drink which helps you relax your mind, Lemon Ice Tea is what you should try.
Not only is lemon good for your health, it is also good for your taste buds. Lemon ice tea tastes much better than most iced tea.
This pleasant beverage is made using steeped and cooled tea with a few slices of lemon and ice. The tartness of lemon and freshness of tea can surely help relieve your stress.
While you can use any tea to make Ice Tea, I would recommend using the most easily available and everyone’s favorite black tea for this recipe.
Lemon Iced Tea
- 2 Glasses Water
- 2 Tbsp Black Tea You can use green tea or white tea too.
- 2 Tsp Sugar Optional. You may use honey instead. In that case, add it just while serving.
- 2-3 Lemon Slices
- 2-3 Ice cubes Add more if you like it cooler.
- Boil water in a pan. Add tea and let it steep for 5-7 minutes. You may increase the steep time if you want the tea to be strong. Add sugar and remove from flame. Strain the tea in a different pan and let it cool completely.
- Take the ice cubes in a glass. Add lemon slices and pour the cooled Tea over this. Serve immediately.
- You may use Tea Bags instead of tea powder.
- Honey can be substituted with sugar.
- This tea can be made unsweetened too.
Liked this recipe? You may want to try other beverages too:
All health content on flavorsfromindia.com is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor. If you have any concerns about your health, you should contact your local healthcare provider.
1 thought on “Lemon Ice Tea – A Healthy Refreshing Beverage | Benefits And 1 Easy Recipe”
Comments are closed.