Indian meals are incomplete without pickles. My mom used to make many different kind of pickles all year round. One of my favorite was the ‘Lemon Chilli’ pickle. It goes well with everything – rice and dal, plain or stuffed paratha and roti-sabji. I love its tangy flavor a lot and make it every year. Sharing the recipe of this easy to make tangy Lemon Chilli pickle here.
Lemon Chilli Pickle
A spicy and tangy pickle to add flavor to any meal.
- 250 Grams Green Chilli I have used less spicy, long green chillies.
- 8-10 Lemons
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Methi (Fenugreek) seeds Roughly ground
- 1 Tbsp Splitted dehusked mustard seeds (Mohrichi dal in Marathi)
- 2 Pinch Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the chillies with a clean towel. Cut them into bite sized pieces. Add all the spices,salt and juice of 3-4 Lemons.
- Transfer the chillies to a clean and dry glass container. Cover with a cotton cloth and let it marinate for 3 to 4 days. Make sure to mix it at a fixed time everyday to avoid the pickle getting spoiled.
- After the pickle has marinated for 3 to 4 days, add juice of another 3-4 lemons and mix well. Let it marinate again for a day and then it is ready to eat.
This pickle stays good for one to two months when stored in an air tight container and kept refrigerated.