Lauki & Carrot Paratha is something I came up with this weekend when I wanted to make a quick and healthy breakfast for my little daughter.
It is just impossible to feed some vegetables to the kids. Bottle gourd or lauki is one such thing for me. I have tried making it in a variety of ways, but paratha is the one that suits best for my daughter.
I try adding different vegetables along with bottle gourd to Multigrain flour and make crisp parathas for her.
- 2 Cups Multigrain flour (You can use a combination of wheat flour, gram flour and rice flour too instead.)
- 2 Tbsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 6 Inch Bottle Gourd (Peeled and grated)
- 1 Carrot (Peeled and grated)
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil to roast the paratha
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
Take the multigrain flour in a bowl and add all spices to this.
Add the grated carrot and bottle gourd, curd, chopped green chilli and chopped coriander.
Add little water and knead a soft dough.
Roll the paratha by applying a little oil to form layers. Roast crisp on medium flame, by applying a little oil on both sides.
Serve with your favorite dip/sauce. I have served it with a quick and easy to make grated Beetroot and curd dip.