Dates are a good source of various vitamins and minerals, energy, sugar, and fiber. It also contains calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Thus, Dates are rich in many vital nutrients and therefore offer many health benefits. They help in lowering cholesterol, boosting heart and brain health, weight loss, relieving constipation and many more.
While dates are best eaten by themselves, you can also pair it up with dry fruits of your choice and make Laddoos or Barfis. This can be a good quick snack when you are in a hurry and need quick energy. Sharing with you my Dates Ladoo recipe here.
I have added Cashews, almonds and muskmelon seeds (Magaj in Hindi) – Cashews are full of anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals which are required for the normal functioning of the body. They help prevent cancer, keep the heart healthy, help in weight loss, help in proper digestion and many more. Almonds are frequently used as a healthy solution for relief from heart and brain disorders, diabetes, constipation, respiratory disorders, coughs, anemia and many more. Muskmelon seeds are full of proteins, vitamins and minerals, help fight cardiovascular diseases and take care of your teeth. They also help in hair and nail growth, help in weight loss and can be helpful in expelling intestinal worms.
Khajoor (Dates) Ladoo
- 1 Cup De-seeded dates
- 1 Cup Mixed dry fruits I have used Cashews and Almonds
- 3-4 Tbsp Muskmelon seeds You can get this easily in any dry fruit shop
- 2-3 Tbsp Ghee For roasting
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast all the ingredients. Transfer to a plate and let it cool completely. Note: Be careful while roasting the Muskmelon seeds - they pop when added to hot ghee.
- After all ingredients have cooled, grind them.
- Apply a little ghee to your hands and roll the mixture into small balls. Laddoos are ready. Store in an air-tight container.