It has finally started raining here and the weather has become cool. So, yesterday I thought of making ‘Kanik Sheera’. This is made from Wheat flour and Jaggery and so is a little warm for the body. We generally make it during winters as the body accepts it better in cool weather.
Even though Kanik Sheera is sweet, it is a tasty and healthy. Wheat is believed to be one of the most wholesome food items and ensures a nutritious diet. Ghee, as we all know, is a superb power food. It is very nutritious and boosts immunity. It is the best herbal energizer. Jaggery has many health benefits too- It is known to prevent constipation, detox liver, is a blood purifier, boosts immunity, is an aid for weight loss and many more. You can read more benefits here.
So, let us see how to make this tasty and healthy recipe.
Kanik Sheera (Wheat Halwa)
A tasty and healthy sweet dish.
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Dry ginger powder
- Chopped dry fruits (I have used Cashew Nuts and Raisins)
- Take jaggery in a pan and add water to it. Place it on a stove and bring to a boil. Set aside
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Add the Wheat flour to it and roast till you get an aroma.
- Add the jaggery water to this. Mix well and add the dry ginger powder.
- Turn off the flame and add the chopped dry fruits. Serve hot.