Kande Pohe is a very delicious Maharashtrian breakfast snack. Pohe is basically flattened rice and is made in almost every home in Maharashtra. We used to have it at least once every week and I remember my mom used to make it a point to make Kande Pohe on my Birthday every year as it is my favorite.
Poha is tasty and easy to digest and is a good source of Iron and Carbohydrates thus making it a healthy breakfast option.
I’m sharing the recipe here. Hope you will like it.
- 1 Cup Poha There are three types of Poha available in the market - Thin, Medium and Thick. Use Medium Poha for best results.
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Peanuts/Groundnuts/Shengdana
- Juice of Half lemon
- Chopped Coriander For garnishing
- Wash the Poha and keep it aside for 4-5 minutes. While the Poha soaks, you can chop the Oinion and Green Chilly.
- Add the Turmeric/ Haldi Powder, Salt and Sugar over the Poha and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan. When the Oil is hot enough, add Mustard Seeds and chopped Green Chilly. Add Onion and roast till the Onion turns pink. Add Peanuts and roast a little.
- Now add the Poha and mix. Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Add the Lemon juice and Coriander and mix. Poha is ready. Serve hot.