Kairi Panna – Best Thirst Quencher
Kairi Panna is the best homemade thirst quencher during summers. It helps fight dehydration thus making it a healthy option for you to choose over sodas and sugar loaded drinks.
Homemade Cool Drinks are the best
While there is nothing wrong with using a soda to cool off, think about how much you are actually drinking. Homemade summer cool drinks are healthy and taste much better than store bought versions. The best part of making a drink at home is that you can drink as much as you want
Making cool summer drink recipes is not as tough as you think. You just need to have few ingredients, which are very easily available at home, and you will be able to make your desired cool drink.
Raw mangoes are a summer delight that many eagerly wait for. With their tangy and sour taste, they provide a refreshing relief from the scorching heat of summer. Raw mangoes are versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes and drinks, such as pickles, chutneys, salads, and juices. They are also packed with health benefits, as they are a rich source of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. Raw mangoes have been used in traditional medicine to alleviate various ailments and boost immunity.
Raw mangoes, also known as unripe mangoes, are green in color and have a firm texture. They are usually harvested in the months of April to June, making them a seasonal summer fruit. In India, raw mangoes are widely used in cuisine and are known as ‘Kairi’. They are a popular ingredient in dishes like Kairi panna or Aam Panna (a refreshing drink made with raw mango pulp), raw mango rice, and raw mango chutney.
So, grab some raw mangoes this summer and enjoy their refreshing taste and numerous health benefits!
Kairi Panna Recipe
In this article, I am going to share with you the recipe of my favorite summer drink – Kairi Panna. It is a sour and sweet, Maharashtrian favorite, summer cooler made using raw mango.
Kairi Panna (Raw Mango Drink)
- 4 Raw Mangoes Medium sized
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 1 Cup Sugar Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder Optional
- Salt as per taste
- Peel the raw mangoes and boil them in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles.
- When the pressure releases, remove the raw mangoes and let them cool completely. After the mangoes have cooled, remove the seeds and separate the pulp. Transfer the pulp to a juicer/grinder. Add grated jaggery, sugar, salt and cardamom powder and grind it to a smooth paste.
- To serve, take two table spoons of the raw mango paste in a glass and add chilled water and ice cubes. Stir well and serve. You can also add a pinch of roasted cumin to enhance the flavor.
- The drink can be made using only jaggery or only sugar too.
- Adjust the jaggery/sugar as per the sourness of the raw mango.
- Store the prepared raw mango paste in an air tight container in the refrigerator. This paste can be stored for 8-10 days.
- You can even add a pinch of red chilly powder to enhance the flavor while serving.
Some other Mango recipes you may want to try:
Go ahead and experiment!
During summer, it is important to stay hydrated and keep our bodies cool. While water is the best way to stay hydrated, homemade summer cool drinks can provide a delicious and healthy alternative. They are also a great way to use seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Homemade summer cool drinks are a perfect way to quench your thirst and beat the summer heat. They are easy to make and customizable to your liking. Some popular homemade summer drinks include lemonade, iced tea, fruit juices, smoothies, and lassi. Adding fresh fruits, herbs, and spices to your drinks can enhance their flavor and nutritional value.
Making your own summer drink can be fun and rewarding. You can experiment with different flavors and combinations. If you don’t get it right the first time, simply try again. You might even come up with new and delicious ideas that you can make year round to enjoy all summer long. For example, adding mint leaves to lemonade or ginger to iced tea can provide a refreshing twist.
Additionally, homemade summer cool drinks are healthier than store-bought options as they do not contain added sugars or preservatives.
Some popular homemade summer cool drinks include:
- Lemonade – a classic drink made by mixing lemon juice, sugar, and water.
- Iced tea – a refreshing drink made by steeping tea bags in cold water and adding sweeteners, fruits, or herbs.
- Fruit juices – freshly squeezed juices made from seasonal fruits like watermelon, mango, pineapple, or pomegranate.
- Smoothies – a blend of fruits, vegetables, and yogurt or milk. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Lassi – a traditional Indian yogurt-based drink, often flavored with fruits like mango or strawberry.
So, experiment with different ingredients and make your own refreshing summer coolers!
Did you make any of this amazing Kairi Panna recipe? Share it on Instagram and tag @flavorsfromindia and hashtag it #anuyasrecipes
All health content on flavorsfromindia.com is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor. If you have any concerns about your health, you should contact your local healthcare provider.
2 thoughts on “Kairi Panna – Calm yourself with this invigorating Summer Cooler”
Comments are closed.