Kairi Panha – Best Thirst Quencher
Kairi Panha is the best homemade thirst quencher during summers. It helps fight dehydration thus making it a healthy option for you to choose over sodas and sugar loaded drinks.
Summer is here and you must be having a cool refreshing drink. You can have lots of fun drinking your favorite cool drink and enjoy the summer with your family and friends.
Homemade Cool Drinks are the best
While there is nothing wrong with using a soda to cool off, think about how much you are actually drinking. Homemade summer cool drinks are healthy and taste much better than store bought versions. The best part of making a drink at home is that you can drink as much as you want.
Making cool summer drink recipes is not as tough as you think. You just need to have few ingredients, which are very easily available at home, and you will be able to make your desired cool drink.
In this article, I am going to share with you the recipe of my favorite summer drink – Kairi Panha. It is a sour and sweet, Maharashtrian favorite, summer cooler made using raw mango.
Go ahead and experiment!
Making your own summer drink can be fun and rewarding. You can experiment with different flavors and combinations. If you don’t get it right the first time, simply try again. You might even come up with new and delicious ideas that you can make year round to enjoy all the summer long.
Homemade cool drinks can be enjoyed by kids as well as adults. They are a healthy alternative to soda pop and ice cream. So, go ahead and make one!
You may like some of my other summer drinks recipes too. Find them here.
Kairi Panha (Raw Mango Drink)
- 4 Raw Mangoes Medium sized
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder Optional
- Salt as per taste
- Peel the raw mangoes and boil them in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles.
- When the pressure releases, remove the raw mangoes and let them cool completely. After the mangoes have cooled, remove the seeds and separate the pulp. Transfer the pulp to a juicer/grinder. Add grated jaggery, sugar, salt and cardamom powder and grind it to a smooth paste.
- To serve, take two table spoons of the raw mango paste in a glass and add chilled water and ice cubes. Stir well and serve. You can also add a pinch of roasted cumin to enhance the flavor.
- The drink can be made using only jaggery or only sugar too.
- Adjust the jaggery/sugar as per the sourness of the raw mango.
- Store the prepared raw mango paste in an air tight container in the refrigerator. This paste can be stored for 8-10 days.
- You can even add a pinch of red chilly powder to enhance the flavor while serving.