Last week has been nice and cool and that meant some piping hot, tasty food! Got fresh green pumpkin from the market and thought of making my mom’s special Kaddu ki Sabji and Parathe.
Pumpkin is not liked by many but it has many nutritional benefits – It is rich in vitamins and minerals and low in calories. It is a rich source of fiber, helps regulate blood pressure, reduces the risk of cancer, helps in combating diabetes and protects immunity.
Kaddu (Pumpkin) ki Sabji
- 1/2 Kilogram Green Pumpkin chopped into 1 inch pieces This dish tastes best when made with green pumpkin
- 1 Tsp Methi (Fenugreek) seeds
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 1 Slit green chilly
- 1-2 Tbsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tsp Khada Garam Masala powder or Kala Masala
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai. Add mustard seeds and methi seeds. When both seeds splutter, add the slit green chilly.
- Add the pumpkin and all spices.
- Mix well and add hot water. Mix, cover and cook until the pumpkin is tender and the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot with Paratha or Puris and your favorite salad.