With the onset of summer, the markets are flooded with delicious raw mangoes. I remember my mother used to make many delicacies with this delicious fruit. While I plan to share with you many more recipes, today I will share my favorite recipe of Instant Raw Mango Pickle. This pickle is very easy to make and does not require the to be kept in the sun. That means you can treat your taste buds instantly! Made with spices easily available in the house, this pickle is a must have.
Instant Raw Mango Pickle
- 2 Raw Mangoes Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Methi (Fenugreek) seeds Roughly grounded
- 1 Tbsp Splitted dehusked mustard seeds (Mohrichi dal in Marathi)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a pan up to smoking point. Turn off the flame and let the oil cool a little.
- Take all the ingredients, except raw mangoes, in a bowl and mix them.
- Add the hot oil and mix well. Make sure the oil is not very hot as that may burn the spices.
- Let this mixture cool down to room temperature. Then add the chopped raw mangoes and mix well.
- Transfer to a clean, moisture free, air-tight glass jar. Cover and keep for 3-4 hours before eating. Enjoy with your favorite parathas or dal chawal!