An instant chilli pickle to add that, much desired, spicy taste to your food. Came across this recipe in a newspaper some time back. Tried it and loved the mix of flavors. Sharing the same here.
Instant Green Chilli Pickle
An instant, spicy chilli pickle.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 100 Grams Green chillies I have used less spicy, long green chillies.
- 1 Lemon You can use 3-4 Tsp Vinegar instead.
- 2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1/2 Cup Oil I have used refined groundnut oil. You can replace it with Mustard oil or any oil of your choice.
- Dry roast the Mustard Seeds, Jeera and fennel seeds on low flame until aroma arises. Cool to room temperature and grind to a fine powder.
- Wash and dry the chillies with a clean towel. Cut them into bite sized pieces. Add the ground spice powder, turmeric, asafoetida and salt to the chillies and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan to smoking point and cool it a little. Add the oil to the chillies and mix well. Transfer to a clean and dry container. The pickle is ready to eat.