Healthy Lauki and carrot parathas are a popular variation of the traditional Indian flatbread, paratha. This recipe is made by grating lauki and carrots, and then mixing them with whole wheat flour, spices, and water to create a dough. The dough is then divided into small balls, flattened, and cooked on a hot skillet until golden brown and crispy.
Parathas – A Healthy and Complete Meal
Parathas are a popular Indian flatbread that is enjoyed by people all over the world. They are made by combining flour, water, and a variety of spices to create a delicious and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
They can be a healthy and delicious option if made with the right ingredients and cooking methods. By using whole wheat flour, adding vegetables, using low-fat dairy, healthy fillings, and cooking with less oil, you can enjoy a tasty and nutritious paratha that’s good for you.
Here are some tips on how to make healthy parathas:
- Use Whole Wheat Flour: Switching to whole wheat flour instead of refined flour is an easy way to make your parathas healthier. Whole wheat flour is high in fiber, which can help keep you feeling full for longer and aid in digestion. Additionally, it has a lower glycemic index than refined flour, meaning it won’t cause a sudden spike in blood sugar levels.
- Add Vegetables: Adding vegetables like spinach, grated carrots, or finely chopped onions to your paratha dough can increase its nutritional value. These vegetables are packed with essential vitamins and minerals, making your paratha a more nutritious meal.
- Use Healthy Filling Options: The filling used in parathas can also impact its nutritional value. Instead of using high-fat fillings like paneer or cheese, try using lean protein like chicken or tofu. You can also add in some healthy fats like avocados or nuts for added flavor and nutrition.
- Cook with Less Oil: Parathas are typically cooked in oil or ghee, but using too much oil can make them unhealthy. Try using a non-stick pan and cooking spray instead to reduce the amount of oil needed. You can also use healthier oils like olive oil or coconut oil in moderation.
Healthy Lauki and Carrot Paratha
Healthy Lauki and carrot parathas are a delicious option for those who want to add more vegetables to their diet. These parathas are made by combining grated lauki and carrots with whole wheat flour and a variety of spices to create a flavorful and nutritious dish. Lauki, also known as bottle gourd, is low in calories and high in fiber, while carrots are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. By incorporating these vegetables into your parathas, you can increase your intake of nutrients and enjoy a tasty meal at the same time. Give this healthy and easy recipe a try for a satisfying meal!
Healthy Lauki and Carrot Paratha
- Cheese Grater
- 2 Cups Multigrain flour You can use a combination of wheat flour, gram flour and rice flour too instead.
- 2 Tbsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 6 Inch Bottle Gourd Peeled and grated
- 1 Carrot Peeled and grated
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil to roast the paratha
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
- Take the multigrain flour in a bowl and add all spices to this.
- Add the grated carrot and bottle gourd, curd, chopped green chilli and chopped coriander.
- Add little water and knead a soft dough.
- Roll the paratha by applying a little oil to form layers. Roast crisp on a griddle on medium flame, by applying a little oil on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite dip/sauce. I have served it with a quick and easy to make grated Beetroot and curd dip.
Lauki and carrot parathas can be enjoyed on their own or with a side of yogurt, pickle or chutney for added flavor.
In conclusion, lauki and carrot parathas are a healthy and flavorful alternative to traditional parathas. By incorporating these nutrient-dense vegetables into the recipe, you can add a variety of essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber to your diet. Lauki and carrots are known for their numerous health benefits, including improved digestion, boosted immunity, and reduced risk of chronic diseases. Additionally, these parathas are easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Whether you’re looking to add more vegetables to your diet or simply want to try a new healthy recipe, lauki and carrot parathas are definitely worth a try!
Here are some other paratha recipes you may want to try:
Did you make any of these recipes? Do upload it on Instagram and tag @flavorsfromindia and hashtag it #anuyasrecipes
All health content on flavorsfromindia.com is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor. If you have any concerns about your health, you should contact your local healthcare provider.
2 thoughts on “Healthy Lauki And Carrot Paratha | Easy Recipe”
Comments are closed.