Lauki and Carrot Paratha is something I came up with this weekend when I wanted to make a quick and healthy breakfast for my little daughter.It is just impossible to feed some vegetables to the kids. Bottle gourd or lauki is one such thing for me. I have tried making it in a variety of ways, but paratha is the one that suits best for my daughter.I try adding different vegetables along with bottle gourd to Multigrain flour and make crisp parathas for her.
Servings 8 Parathas
- 2 Cups Multigrain flour You can use a combination of wheat flour, gram flour and rice flour too instead.
- 2 Tbsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- 6 Inch Bottle Gourd Peeled and grated
- 1 Carrot Peeled and grated
- Salt to taste
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil to roast the paratha
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
- Take the multigrain flour in a bowl and add all spices to this.
- Add the grated carrot and bottle gourd, curd, chopped green chilli and chopped coriander.
- Add little water and knead a soft dough.
- Roll the paratha by applying a little oil to form layers. Roast crisp on a griddle on medium flame, by applying a little oil on both sides.
- Serve with your favorite dip/sauce. I have served it with a quick and easy to make grated Beetroot and curd dip.
This paratha can be made using only wheat flour too.