Gajar ka Halwa is the most popular Indian dessert that is made during winters. The tasty pudding is a favorite among all generations. I remember it was made very often during the season as we all loved it.
The best part about this dessert is that the traditional way of cooking it is the easiest one. Sharing the same here.
Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Pudding)
- 1 Kg Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Litre Full fat milk
- 250 Gms Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Ghee
- Chopped dry fruits of your choice
- In a thick bottom pan, add the grated carrots, milk and sugar.
- Mix everything well and bring the mixture to a boil on medium flame.
- Simmer and cook the halwa on low flame, stirring with regular intervals. Cook until the milk has evaporated. Turn off the flame and add ghee. Mix well.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve hot.