As Ganpati Bappa loves Ladoos and Modaks, we present another recipe which can be offered as Prasad.
Dry Fruit Ladoo/Modak
A sweet Prasad - offering - for Ganpati Bappa.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 21 Ladoos/Modak
- 1 Cup Grated dry coconut
- 1/2 Cup Grated jaggery
- 1/2 Cup Dry fruits I have used Cashew Nuts, Almonds and Pistachio. You can use any dry fruits of your choice.
- 1 Tbsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Ghee or unsalted butter
- Dry roast the dry fruits.
- Make a fine powder after it cools down.
- Dry roast the grated coconut and set aside to cool.
- After the coconut cools down, add to it the dry fruits powder, cardamom powder, jaggery and ghee. Mix all the ingredients well. You can add or reduce the quantity of ghee as required. The proportion of ghee should be adequate enough to help bind the Ladoo/Modak.
- If you want to shape the mixture into Modak, you can use a mould. Before using the mould, grease it with ghee so that the Modak comes out clean.
- You can now fill the mixture into tha mould and make Modaks. Just remember to grease the mould before each Modak.
You can even shape the above mixture into Ladoo.