Diwali Special Rava And Maida Laddoo
Diwali Special Rava and Maida Laddoo is a sweet ball made in Maharashtra’s Jalgaon district (Khandesh). It is a favorite among people of all ages because of its soft, melt in the mouth, texture. This laddoo is traditionally made using home processed wheat and ghee and so is very healthy.
Darabyacha Ladoo, as they call it in Khandesh, is a must have during all occasions. The simple ingredients of this lip smacking delicacy make it a guilt-free sweet.
Laddoo – India’s favorite sweet
Laddoos are made across India in different ways and are a favorite among young and old. No occasion is complete without Laddoos.
Every region in India has it’s own recipe for this mouth-watering delicacy. Usually locally grown ingredients are used along with sweeteners and dry fruits to make a healthy snack.
Laddoo is made to celebrate almost every occasion in the country – Birth of a child, birthdays, weddings, festivals and even for gifting! Pregnant women are given special laddoos to keep them healthy and give them all the strength required to carry the child. Some regions also make laddoos to be distributed as ‘prasad’ after the death of a dear one.
Laddoos are mostly made using ingredients that are healthy for the body. Even if they are made to mark an occasion, they are never unhealthy. The basic ingredients of this wonderful sweet are ghee and dry fruits. This itself makes it nutritious. Combining it with locally grown ingredients adds to the nourishment.
Famous Laddoo Recipes
Though there are many traditional secret recipes, some of the laddoo recipes are very famous and are loved by all across the globe. These include the age-old Motichoor Laddoo, Besan (gram flour) Laddoo, Atta (Wheat flour) Laddoo, Methi (Fenugreek) Laddoo and Coconut Laddoo.
Many new wholesome recipes have also become popular in recent times – Oats Laddoo, Dates Laddoo, Quinoa Laddoo, Ragi Laddoo to name a few.
Diwali Special Rava and Maida Laddoo
Many rich and flavorful snacks are made in Diwali to serve to friends and family. But the best among them is Laddoo. I make at least one different recipe every year but ny favorite remains Rava and Maida Laddoo. The traditional recipe tastes wonderful but if you have a time crunch, you can try this quick recipe that tastes almost similar.
Rava & Maida Laddoo
- 1 Cup Rava/Sooji/Semolina Sieved
- 1 Cup Maida Sieved
- 1 Cup Ghee or unsalted butter
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cardamom Powder
- Crushed/Chopped dry fruits I have used crushed Pistachio, Cashew nuts, Almonds and Raisins. You can use any dry fruits of your choice - chopped or crushed. You can even omit it.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast Rava.
- When the rava is half roasted, add maida and roast the mixture till you get an aroma. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and keep covered in a cool place overnight (8-10 hrs).
- After the rava and maida mixture has settled overnight, transfer it to a mixer/food processor and grind it for 2-3 minutes. Again transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix a little with hands. Add the cardamom powder and dry fruits, mix well and make laddoos. When stored in an air tight container, the laddoos stay nice for 15-20 days.
Some other laddoo recipes you may like:
2 thoughts on “Diwali Special Rava And Maida Laddoo – Quick & Easy Recipe”
Comments are closed.