Monday – New Week. New Goals. It sure is a tough day for most of us after a lazy Sunday. So, let’s start with a healthy breakfast.
Daliya is an excellent source of fibre and proteins. It helps in weight loss, helps in digestion, prevents constipation and is very easy to make.
You can cook daliya in different ways to suit your taste. Today I’m sharing with you the recipe of Daliya Upma.
Daliya (Broken Wheat) Upma
- 1 Cup Dry roasted Broken Wheat (Daliya) You can dry roast the Daliya and store it in an air-tight container for 15-20 days.
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- 4-5 Curry Leaves (Kadipatta)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Cups Boiled water
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Chopped Coriander For garnishing
- Heat a pan and pour Oil. When it is hot enough, add the mustard seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chilly, curry leaves and Turmeric powder and mix.
- Now add daliya and mix. As we have taken dry roasted daliya, we don't need to roast it much in this step.
- Add boiled water, lemon juice and coriander and mix. Cover the pan, simmer the flame and cook till the water has been absorbed.
- Daliya Upma is ready. Serve hot.