The yummy Instant Raw Mango Pickle that I made last week called for a delicious paratha to go with. So, instead of opting for a plain paratha, I quickly checked what vegetables I had in the refrigerator and found some green peas and sweet corn. Thought of making a stuffed paratha using these two ingredients. So, go ahead and check out how I made a quick “Corn Mutter Paratha”.
Corn Mutter Paratha
- 2 Cups Multi-grain Flour If you don't have multi-grain flour, you can mix wheat flour, besan,rice flour and jowar flour. Only wheat flour and besan also taste great.
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas/Mutter
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped green chilli
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/Haldi Powder
- 2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- Salt as per taste
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida/Hing
- Oil as required To roast the paratha
- Roughly grind the corn and green peas and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan
- Add hing and jeera. When the jeera splutters, add chopped green chilli. Add onion and cook till pink.
- Add Turmeric and Red Chilli powder and mix well.
- Add the roughly ground corn and green peas and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Stuff in the dough, roll and roast the paratha by applying little oil on each side.
- Serve hot with your favorite pickle/dip or sauce.