Coconut water, found in young coconuts, is tasty and refreshing and has many health benefits. It helps hydrate the body and is loaded with nutrients.
Not only is it delicious, refreshing, moisturizing, and makes for an awesome sports drink or even a cucumber smoothie alternative, coconut water has some strong advantages over other sources of sugar and calories.
Coconut water is quickly absorbed into your body, leaving you feeling refreshed and full without the feeling of being full.
Coconut is mainly grown in the coastal regions of India and is exported to the other regions of the country.
It is one of the best natural drinks in summer that can quench your thirst and keep your body hydrated for long.
Here are some health benefits of this sweet tropical fruit:
- Aids in weight loss
- Helps in digestion
- Improves heart health
- Helps reduce blood pressure
- Is useful in treating urinary problems
- Boosts immunity
- Fights depression
Kokum is a red colored tangy fruit that has multiple health benefits. It is mainly grown in the Konkan region of Maharashtra.
Kokum is a sour fruit and is used as a spice in various curries and dals. It gives a nice color to the dish along with a lovely sour taste. It can also be used as a substitute for tamarind and lemon.
Some of the health benefits of this versatile fruit are as follows:
- It is an excellent source of anti-oxidants
- It is used in treatment of piles, flatulence, constipation, heatstroke, etc.
- Kokum is also known as ‘cool king’ of Indian fruits and is, thus, used in treatment of hyper-acidity.
Coconut Kokum Cooler
Coconut Kokum Cooler is a great mocktail that is quick and easy to make and comprises benefits of both Coconut and Kokum.
It helps to quench thirst, gives your body good nutrients and helps to stay hydrated.
For making this super healthy beverage, all you need is Kokum syrup and coconut water. Here is the detailed recipe:
Coconut Kokum Cooler
- 1 Coconut fruit yield
- 2-3 Tbsp Kokum Syrup I have used sweetened kokum syrup here.
- 1 Slice Lemon Optional
- 2-3 Ice cubes Optional
- Mix the sweetened kokum syrup with one coconut fruit yield.
- Take ice cubes in a glass. Add one lemon slice and pour the kokum mixed coconut water over this. Serve chilled.
- I have used store bought sweetened kokum syrup. You may use the unsweetened one too if you wish to have the drink without sugar.
- Another way is to soak 4-5 pieces of dried kokum in one cup water for 15-20 minutes and then use this water to make the drink. You may add some sugar if desired.
Tip: This beverage tastes best with fresh coconut water. However, you may use bottled coconut water too.
Liked my recipe of Coconut Kokum Cooler? Here are some other cool drinks which you may like to enjoy:
- Watermelon Tangerine (Orange) Cooler
- Lemon Iced Tea
- Tangerine and Cinnamon infused Iced Tea
- Kairi Panha
All health content on flavorsfromindia.com is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your doctor. If you have any concerns about your health, you should contact your local healthcare provider.