Thought of experimenting with my after workout drink today. Instead of plain coconut water, I thought of mixing it with something tangy and came up with this idea of Coconut Kokum Cooler.
Coconut water, found in young coconuts, is tasty and refreshing and has many health benefits. It helps hydrate the body and is loaded with nutrients. Here are some benefits of this sweet tropical fruit:
1. Aids in weight loss
2. Helps in digestion
3. Improves heart health
4. Helps reduce blood pressure
5. Is useful in treating urinary problems
6. Boosts immunity
7. Fights depression
Amsul or Kokum is a red colored tangy fruit that has multiple health and medicinal benefits:
- It is an excellent source of anti-oxidants
- It is used in treatment of piles, flatulence, constipation, heatstroke, etc.
- Kokum is also known as ‘cool king’ of Indian fruits and is, thus, used in treatment of hyper-acidity.
Coconut Kokum Cooler
A healthy tangy cool drink.
- 1 Coconut fruit yield (I used fresh Coconut water. You can use packaged Coconut water too.)
- 2-3 Tbsp Kokum Syrup (I have used sweetened kokum syrup here. )
- 1 Slice Lemon (Optional)
- 2-3 Ice cubes (Optional)
- Mix the sweetened kokum syrup with one coconut fruit yield.
- Take ice cubes in a glass. Add one lemon slice and pour the kokum mixed coconut water over this. Serve chilled.
- I have used sweetened kokum syrup brought from the market. You may use the unsweetened one too if you wish to have the drink without sugar.
- Another way is to soak 4-5 pieces of dried kokum in one cup water for 15-20 minutes and then use this water to make the drink. You may add some sugar if desired.
Here are some other juices/cool drinks which you may like to enjoy: