Chivda is a snack that is loved by everyone – young and old. This crisp and tasty snack can be made anytime throughout the year. I remember we used to have Chivda all year round but the one made during Diwali festival was the best.
Chivda is made in different ways across the Country. Today I am sharing with you the recipe for making Chivda using thick poha and corn poha. This crispy,spicy and tasty snack takes very less time to prepare. Just follow the steps correctly and your savory snack is ready within minutes.
- 2 Cups Thick Poha
- 1/2 Cup Corn Poha
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 10-15 Dried Curry Leaves (Kadipatta) Using dried leaves makes them crisp after frying. You can use fresh leaves too.
- 2-3 Chopped dried green chillies Using dried green chillies makes them crisp after frying. You can use fresh green chillies too.
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts/Groundnuts/Shengdana
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mango powder You can use citric acid too instead of dry mango powder
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 2 Tbsp Raisins Optional. You can add Cashew nuts too.
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Dry roast the thick poha and keep it aside to cool. After it cools down, heat Oil in a pan and fry the roasted poha and remove it in a bowl lined with tissue paper.
- Fry the corn poha and add it to the bowl over fried thick poha.
- Fry the coconut flakes, curry leaves, green chillies and peanuts. Add this to the poha. Add all spices and sugar and mix well.