Bread pakoda is one of our favorite Sunday breakfast recipe. Especially when it rains and we want to indulge in some fried snack. This is a very common snack across Mumbai and is made in two ways – plain or stuffed.
I like the bread pakoda plain and bite sized. Sharing with you my recipe of the same here.
Delicious bread snack.
- 1 Cup Besan/Chane ka Atta or Gram Flour
- 1 Tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda (Optional. You can use 1 Tbsp oil instead)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coriander
- 1 Chopped green chilli
- Water as required
- 3-4 Bread Slices
- Oil for frying
- Take Besan in a bowl. Add Carom seeds, jeera,red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, baking soda, chopped coriander and chopped green chilli.
- Add water and make a thick batter.
- Cut the bread slices into squares.
- Dip the bread slices into the batter. Coat well on both sides.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip or sauce.
- You can stuff your favorite vegetable between two bread slices, cut it into pieces and make bread pakoda.
- You can even apply one of your favorite chutneys between two bread slices, cut it into pieces and make the pakoda.
- You can even opt to shallow fry the bread pakoda if you want it less oily.