Bottle Gourd or Lauki, as we Indians know, is that healthy vegetable
that mom makes once every week and
we simply reject it saying its boring.
I'm not joking. It has many health benefits.
Listing a few here for you:
1. Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fibre.
2. It helps in digestion thus helping to cure constipation and flatulence.
2. It promotes weight loss by keeping the body well nourished.
3. It consists of approx. 96% water and its fat content is very low.
4. It is rich in Iron and Vitamins B and C.
5. It contains essential minerals which help regulate blood pressure.
6. It is helpful in treating sleeping disorders.
Despite these benefits, I always faced problems
feeding this healthy vegetable to my family.
So, after a lot of brainstorming,
I found two recipes really helpful.
Do try them and see your little grownups
enjoy their most hated vegetable.
Lauki & Carrot ParathaLauki Kofta