Bottle Gourd or Lauki, as we Indians know, is that healthy vegetable that mom makes once every week and we simply reject it saying its boring. I’m not joking. It has many health benefits.
Listing a few here for you:
- Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fibre.
- It helps in digestion thus helping to cure constipation and flatulence.
- It promotes weight loss by keeping the body well nourished.
- It consists of approx. 96% water and its fat content is very low.
- It is rich in Iron and Vitamins B and C.
- It contains essential minerals which help regulate blood pressure.
- It is helpful in treating sleeping disorders.
Despite these benefits, I always faced problems feeding this healthy vegetable to my family. So, after a lot of brainstorming, I found two recipes really helpful.
Do try them and see your little grownups enjoy their most hated vegetable. Lauki & Carrot Paratha Lauki Kofta