Bottle Gourd or Lauki as we Indians know it is that healthy vegetable that mom makes once every week and we simply reject it saying its boring. I'm not joking. It has many health benefits. Listing a few here for you:
1. Bottle gourd is rich in dietary fibre and helps in digestion thus helping to cure constipation and flatulence.
2. It promotes weight loss by keeping the body well nourished and helping curb the unnecessary appetite.
3. It consists of approx. 96% water and its fat content is very low.
4. It is rich in Iron and Vitamins B and C.
5. It contains sodium, potassium and essential minerals which help regulate blood pressure.
6. It is helpful in treating sleeping disorders.
The list is endless. However, if this doesn't solve all mummies' problems of feeding it to their kids, I have two solutions for you. Check out these recipes and see your little grown ups enjoy their most hated vegetable.
Lauki & Carrot ParathaLauki Kofta