Apart from the traditional Sabudana Khichadi, a delicious Bhajani Thalipeeth is a perfect meal you can have on a fasting day. The lovely taste that it gets from grated potatoes, crushed groundnuts, green chillies and coriander makes it a real treat. I remember Mom used to make it, when she was fasting, every Monday. I used to be the lucky one to get a little portion of her Thalipeeth and my happiness knew no bounds 😉 I love to have the Bhajani Thalipeeth with my favorite Shengdana Chutney.
- 200 gms Upas Bhajani You can get this in any grocery store across Maharashtra
- 3-4 Tbsp Groundnut powder
- 2-3 Tsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Chopped green chilly
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1 Grated Potato
- Salt as per taste
- Water to make dough
- Mix all ingredients together and, adding little water at a time, make a soft dough. The dough should be softer than the regular roti dough.
- Grease a tava/pan and pat a portion of the dough onto it. Pat it thin and make 4-5 holes to pour ghee. Note: you may need to wet your hands while patting the dough as it is sticky.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown and crisp. Add a little ghee while cooking. Remove from the pan and serve with your favorite chutney/dip.