Parathas are very healthy and filling and also easy to make. Wanted to make something quick, tasty and healthy for breakfast today. So, the first thing that came to my mind was Parathas. Added some grated beetroot to make it healthier.
Beetroots are Packed with Potassium, Magnesium, Iron and Vitamins B6, A and C. They can be eaten raw as a salad or boiled without peeling its skin. You can then peel, cut and eat it after sprinkling some salt and chat masala. It tastes really good 😉 And, of course, you can grate it and make tasty Parathas! Here’s how…
A tasty and healthy Paratha to kick start your mornings.
Servings 8 Parathas
- 2 Cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Besan/Chane ka Atta or Gram Flour Optional
- 2 Tsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Beetroot Peeled and Grated
- Chopped Coriander
- Water To knead the dough
- Oil For Roasting the Parathas
- Take Wheat flour in a bowl and add Besan and all spices to this.
- Add grated beetroot, chopped coriander and curd and make a soft dough by slowly adding water. As we have used curd, we we won't need much water to knead the dough.
- Make 7-8 small balls and keep aside.
- Heat a pan/ tava. Roll each ball and roast it on both sides using some Oil. Beetroot Paratha is ready. Serve it with some roughly chopped Salad and butter or with your favorite Pickle.
2 thoughts on “Beetroot Paratha”
Comments are closed.