Wanted to make something that cooks fast and so I opted to make my hubby’s favorite Batatyachya Kachrya. It is an easy to make, spicy dish made with thin potato slices.
All Potato dishes are delicious and are a favorite among all – toddlers to grandparents. Potatoes are a good source of Carbohydrates and Vitamin C and are thus nutritious if eaten in the right quantity.
Batatyachya Kachrya (Spicy Potato slices)
An easy to make, spicy dish made with thin potato slices.
- 2 Large Potatoes (Thinly sliced)
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin
- 1 Tsp Turmeric/ Haldi Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Red Chilly/ Lal Mirch Powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander/Dhaniya Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala/Kala Masala
- Salt as per taste
- Chopped Coriander (For garnishing)
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard Seeds and Jeera.
- Add potato slices and all the spices and salt.
- Mix nicely and add chopped Coriander.
- Batatyachya Kachrya is ready.
This dish tastes when made with a little extra Oil. It makes the potatoes nice and crispy. However, you may reduce the quantity of Oil as per your requirement.